Monday 16 September 2013

My holiday in the USA!

So I haven't posted in ages because I'd been in America, and now I've just been back for a week and I'm getting over jet lag!

But aww I'm so sad to be back. It was such a nice holiday, I love spending time with my family, it's my favorite thing to do really. And holidays in the USA are always my favorite. I really do love America! I know everyone says 'you wouldn't if you lived there.' but I just love how big everything is out there and just everything they have out there is awesome. I even love visiting the supermarkets like walmart because it has so much more cooler stuff than the UK! So our holiday had 3 parts, we did 2 weeks in Florida; one week at Disney World and another in Vero Beach. 

Disney World! 

So as my family all adore Disney (especially me! :p) and the theme parks, last year my parents decided to buy the Disney Vacation Club package. It basically means that my parents pay money to 'own' an apartment in one of Disney's resorts, and what this means is when we go abroad we can stay in any Disney hotel. And Disney don't just have hotels in Disney World, they have them in every country you can imagine! It's really cool and it also means you could be in hawaii but still have that touch of disney magic at your hotel :)

But as it was our first year with the package, we decided to go to Disney World! We stayed at Disney's Saratoga Spring's resort and spa. It was such a gorgeous resort I wish I took more photos of it.

Ofc Disney World itself was amazing. I swear that place is my true home haha. I love it so much. There's 4 theme parks at Disney World; Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. There's 2 water parks; Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard beach and there's also lots of hotels and a downtown area full of shops and restaurants. My dad purchased a 7 day admission to any of the theme parks except for the water parks, so we didn't do any water parks this trip.

Here's some photos!
Cinderella's fountain

outside cinderella's castle in Magic Kingdom with my lovely mum

At Rafiki's planet watch petting the animals in Animal Kingdom!

monsters university



meeting
some characters! 
My favorite part was probably meeting Snow White and showing her my tattoo of her haha. She was really suprised and lovely and said 'thank you so much for coming to show me this!' it was adorable!
We pretty much got on every ride in every park, disney gives out free fast passes so if you plan your day well, you don't have to wait for anything. My favorite ride was ariel's new ride  in the new fantasy land in magic kingdom where you go under the sea in a clam and watch the story of the little mermaid come to life. it's really amazing. And as always the rock n roller coaster and the tower of terror and hollywood studios! I couldn't decide my favorite park, I love the rides at hollywood studios, I love how well themed magic kingdom is, I love the safari at animal kingdom and I just adore how random everything is at epcot haha.
 We met up with another family there who my mum and sister are close to, their daughter had leukemia (but is currently in remission :D) so she got a trip to disney through make a wish foundation, which was really lovely I thought. She had a great time so that was so nice.

One thing that sucked was we didn't get to see ANY fireworks sob! :( we got front row seats for fantasia and stayed for the electrical parade and fireworks at magic kingdom and lightning storms got them both cancelled. That really sucked. The only other complaint I have is the food there, as I'm vegetarian there wasn't an awful lot for me to eat at the parks, unless I wanted pizza everyday haha. I ended up bringing packed lunches though so that was fine :)

We also ate out every night, mostly at downtown disney! House of Blues was my favorite, loved the atmosphere and the food was to die for :3

Also spent too much in the Disney shops, its so hard because I love everything disney so much hahaha.  I ended up buying this dress in Disney World, so I'm going to cosplay as Rapunzel from Tangled at the next MCM expo in October!
Leaving Disney World is always sad, but after that my family & I went to Vero Beach in Florida to spend a week there. We stayed in a Disney hotel again, so even though we weren't at disney you could still feel that disney magic ^_^
It was really lovely there, we just spent the week chilling by the pool and beach, reading, relaxing, playing board games and crazy golfing! And we had some yummy meals, I had the best food of my life that week I swear haha!


peanut butter caramel brownie with reece's pieces on top!

It worked out cheaper to fly from Florida to New York, then New York to London than to fly direct to London from Florida, so we ended up having a couple of days in New York before flying home which was great! We visited the 9/11 memorial which was very sad but nice to see. We also shopped a lot and visited my mum's friends.

But then sadly, it was time to fly home :(I always get so upset when a holiday ends. It was a lovely holiday and spending time with my family was wonderful, back to normal now but I have some brilliant memories!

Miss you already America xo


3 comments:

  1. your holiday sounds so nice!!! It's my dream to go to disney world *v*

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks magical. So jealous of you! xo

    mermaidxmotel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cheaper than you think! Want to talk with your family or friends? Don't want to pay a lot? Try Smartgroschen - the smart app for chat and calls.

    Call any directions from UK at low cost or make cheap calls to UK- no matter where you are.

    You can also try to call from tablet, because with Smartgroschen you don't need a simcard.
    Try it for free - you have free 0,50 EUR top-up at the start!

    ReplyDelete