Friday 9 August 2013

Cute cupcake idea for your loved one!

So I'm quite a soppy person sometimes. I'm going away to America in a couple of days for 2 and a half weeks and I feel sad leaving my boyfriend and I know he feels meh too so I got him a bag of treats together and also decided to make him some cupcakes. I thought I could decorate them sort of 'love' themed (told you I was soppy!) and after seeing some photos on the internet decided what I'd decorate them with :3
So  I decided to use the love heart sweets as decorations because they have cute messages on :3  you can buy them in the UK quite easily, I'm not sure about any other countries though
Only problem is they don't always have cute messages on them, I found it hard to find really nice ones, I mean I wanted my cakes to say 'I love you' and stuff like that but my love hearts had like 'relax' or 'im shy' on them ... the fuck? I did find a couple of cute ones though haha.
I also chose to decorate them with the sweets millions, because they're my boyfriends all time favorite sweets. They're tiny balls as well so they look quite good as decoration!  I got strawberry ones and also decided to get pink icing to have a cute love theme haha :3.
Cupcakes are pretty easy to make and I was naughty and cheated and just decided to get a betty crocker packet and squirty icing! I think sometimes I'm a creative person in my mind, but when I try and make things they never turn out how I see them in my mind, so I wanted these to look and taste really good so yeah I bought shop stuff. However you can make your cupcakes from scratch and your icing! It's up to you, there's tons of recipes on the internet. 

Mine were betty crocker caramel cupcake mix!
Here's me mixing  the mixture up haha
And here's how they turned out!



I think they look pretty cute, I'm happy with them, I think it's pretty cool how the million sweets and the icing matched! I hope my boyfriend likes them but they're pretty yummy so I'm sure he will :p

So yeah, I think theyre a good sort of theme for a loved one or for valentines day! I also gave my mum one that said 'my dear one' on it haha ^_^

Anyway that's all for now, hope you're all having a nice day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment